Simple Image Search
Simple Image Search is an better way of searching for images on the web.
NOTE: Due to Yahoo shutting down their Image Search API - this application no longer works. At some point in the future I may port it to use a different image search API. Sorry!
Why is it better?
- One-page interface - less scrolling and clicking 'Back' in the browser.
- Pre-fetching of multiple images - saves time. As each thumbnail is displayed, the full-size image is loaded in the background.
- Dead image links are flagged - avoids fruitless clicking.
- Easy thumbnail navigation - use mouse, mouse scrollwheel or keyboard (arrow keys, Home, End, Page Up, Page Down).
- Simplified interface - removes unnecessary informational clutter.
- Flash 8 player. Flash 8 has the ability to load progressive-JPGs, the format used by the majority of images on the web .
- Fast Internet Connection. Simple Image Search is designed for broadband connections, to allow for fast image loading.
- Decent amount of RAM. Simple Image Search loads multiple images simultaneously into memory and can be quite intensive in RAM usage.
Features in Development
- Set thumbnail size via slider.
- Image smoothing.
- Auto-update from Flash 7 to Flash 8.
- Bug Fixes.